As a property owner you want to protect your most valuable asset from water-related damage. Damage from flooding or seepage can cost a bundle and is often not covered by insurance.
Minimize flooding, reduce runoff
- Your basement is a hole in the ground – it wants to fill up with water! Take action to keep the water out.
- Minimize flood risk for your neighbours.
- Protect your nearest water body (creek, river or lake).
- Reduce runoff pollution and help prevent the release of untreated sewage from overloaded sewer systems.
- Conserve treated water by harvesting rain to water your yard and garden.
- Soak up rainwater to recharge depleted groundwater.
We can help
- RAIN Community Solutions provides practical how-to information about managing rain on your land to reduce risk and save money while also protecting your community and local waterways. Use our checklists for residential, commercial, and institutional properties.
- Find information about local hands-on advice and support where it is available, including home and business visits, subsidies and credits, workshops, and more.